Friday, December 23, 2011

It's Christmas time...oh boy


It’s the holidays. Oh Joy. This is not exactly my favorite time of year, there are some things I love and some things I just despise. I made the decision to do the majority of my shopping online this year, and I am so glad I did. Mom and I decided that since I only worked half a day we would spend the afternoon shopping. Pretty sure my mom was shocked because I DO NOT like to shop. Yes apparently my mother’s shopping gene was not passed to me.  Mom learned a long time ago, that I’m a little like a shopping Gremlin. You can’t feed me before we shop or I can only get through 1 store before I start bitching about being bored and whining to go home. Seeing a 30 year old woman whining to her mommy to go home cause she’s tired is not a pretty site so eating is always saved for last. I actually made it though 8 stores (and Starbucks, which can be a whole other cluster fuck of people that piss me off) without wanting to slap anyone in the back of the head or even really being annoyed which is new to me. So mom took me to dinner as a reward for not being such a good shopper. So here I am tired as hell and all proud of myself for having all my holiday shopping done and over with, and then for some reason, I start thinking I need to go get two or 3 more gift cards to add to some gifts that I’ve already gotten. Well this would need to be Wal-Mart gift cards.  I have made avoiding the white trash mecca an art form and the idea of going in there on Christmas Eve Eve makes me a little ill.  I know tomorrow will be worse than if I get up and go right now. Hmmm, I could always could just go to the liquor store(which is a stones throw from my apartment) and buy wine… Yeah I think they would all like wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment