Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Closure & such


So closure. I’m a person that needs that. Apparently there is a scientific scale for the need of closure; it’s appropriately called the Need for Closure Scale or the NFCS. These psychologist assholes are real creative aren’t they? Speaking of creative from what I’ve read they say that people that need closure are closed-minded and are uncomfortable with ambiguity and people that don’t need it express more ideational fluidity and emit more creative acts. Ok… well I hate fucking ambiguity. Drives me crazy, to me ambiguity is so weak. It’s like make a fucking choice already. I’m one of those people that like to know all the facts and the whole story. I’m a fucking Wikipedia junky. Honestly I should probably send them like half my income every month cause I used the site that much.  So yes, I’m an asshole and I need closure. More often than not it takes me a long time to get it. Years in fact. There is still an ex-boyfriend or two that I’m bitter about. According to the NFCS I’m a control freak. Yeah, I’m going to go ahead and say that’s legit. I’m fucking weird about some shit, people doodling on my desk calendar at work or using a pen in my schedule book.  Yes those are both stupid things to get uppity about but it just pisses me off. So let’s recap what we have learned today; I am a control freak that isn’t very creative and hates indecision. Yep sounds about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment